Canon Printer Not Printing Correctly - Solution
This write up has been planned to help userswith Canon printer issues. The first section talks about the issue of Canon printer not printing along with reasons and their easy to perform solution.
The second section whereas has been dedicated to discussing the issue of Canon printer not printing in black color along with reasons and their easy fixes.
Follow These Steps to Fix Canon printer not printing Problem
Here we have enlisted some of the top reasons that may obstruct the normal functioning of Canon printer with their easy to perform fixes. So let’s begin.
Canon printer not set as default: The steps here will help you to set your Canon printer to “Default”:
- Click the “Start” button then “Settings” option.
- Now go to “Devices and Printers” and select your Canon printer by right clicking on it.
- As the last step select “Set as Default” option. Right Click to the printer you wish to select as a Default printer and finish this step.
Canon printer paper jam error: Here are the steps a user can perform to troubleshoot the Canon printer paper jam error.
- Begin by turning off the printer and unplugging it.
- No, open paper output cover and remove any stuck paper pieces from the cassette. Be careful to NOT touch the clear film.
- Make sure that there is no paper stuck under the cartridge holder.
- To clear the stuck paper, move the cartridge holder to the far right or left whichever is easier.
- Then, hold the stuck or jammed paper in both hands and pull it out very carefully without tearing it.
- Ensure that while taking out the stuck/jammed paper no piece of the paper remains in the machine.
- Lastly, close paper output covers and reload the paper afresh.
Spooler service stopped: The best way to fix the non-responding printer spooler is to restart. Here are the steps to help you with the same.
- Open “Services.msc” from the “Start” menu by using the Run dialog box.
- On the “Services” screen, select and right-click on the “Print Spooler” option and click on “Restart” or else click on Start”.
- Again right-click on the “Print Spooler” option and select “Properties”. From the subsequent screen, select its Startup type to be “Automatic” and select “OK” to save the settings you just made.
- As the last step of this method restart your printing device and now your Offline status would probably have been changed to Online.
Uncheck option of “Use Printer Offline: Changing the printer settings might work in your favor!:
That’s how you can fix the issue by changing the printer settings as mentioned below:
- Begin by navigating to your Printers window by opening the “Control Panel”.
- Here, ensure that the correct printer is set to “Default”.
- Now right-click on your default printer and select the option “See what’s printing”.
- In case if there are any unfinished tasks you come across in the list, remove them from the list.
- Now select “Printer” from the queue window and uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option.
- Here, at this step, ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer. If not, unplug the USB cable and plug it back again.
- Turn off your computer and start it back again. Your problem may have got solved by now. If not move to the next steps.
You may also rectify this issue with the steps already mentioned in this write up such as restarting the spooler service and updating the printer driver.
Outdated driver – Update Now : An outdated driver for your printer may lead to unfavorable circumstances where your printer refuses to print. In such a case it is best advised to update the latest, most suitable driver for your system.
Follow the mentioned steps to update the driver for your system:
- Open the Run Dialog Box from Start menu Type “devmgmt.msc” and click on “OK”.
- Once ‘Device Manager’ and click on the ‘print queue’ option to find your printer.
- Right click on the printer to select the option of ‘update driver’.
- Hit option of ‘Search Automatically’ to update driver and then Restart your System to get the effect of updated version of driver.
Dusty printhead: These steps will lead you to rectify the issue of dusty printhead:
- Go to the start button and search for “Control Panel” and then click on “Devices and Printers”
- On the next page look for your printing system icon, right-click on the same, and select “Properties”.
- On the new window that appears click on the “Hardware” option and then click on “Clean Ink” on the subsequent window.
- Follow the prompt onscreen instructions to clean the printhead and perform a printing check thereafter.
Low ink level: Amongst the many reasons for a printer to stop printing colored text or picture or Canon printer not printing color, the most common reason could be cartridge running short of ink. However before running to a conclusion, do the visual inspection and replace the ink cartridge if required.
Follow these steps to perform visual checking and cartridge replacement:
- Open the front cover of the printer carefully and check for the ink content. If the ink is on the verge of finishing, install a new Canon printer ink
- If you find your cartridge almost full or Canon printer not printing color correctly, the next step is to check the ink’s expiry date as a rarely used or expired ink tends to dry up and form a thicket which results in problematic printing.
Defective high voltage power supply circuit: These steps will help the user to fix the power supply issue:
- Carefully check the AC power input. Also, ensure that the cord is firmly fixed in the wall socket and in the power supply socket.
- Check for DC power connections and DC power output.
- Double-check the installed peripherals.
Hope we have been successfully able to sort out your Canon printer issues.
Canon Printer not Printing in Black color
The second section here is devoted to the issue of Canon printer not printing in Black color along with the top reason and their appropriate fixes.
Clear the print queue: The next basic cause of your printer not taking command is due to previous print traffic, referred to as “Print queue”. Make sure to check if there are any previous stuck printing requests and clear them.
Follow the below-given procedure to clear the print queue.
- Make sure printer should is turned off
- Open the service windows from Windows Search option
- Select the ‘Print spooler’ and make it disable by stop option
- Open Windows File Explorer
- Type C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Delete all the files which are in Printer folder and then again start spooler
- Turn on printer and print file
- So , by using these above steps you can clear your print queue.
Print Nozzle Problem : Follow these steps below to clean print nozzle problem-
- First Turn on the printer
- Make sure A4 size page min 5 must be in the tray
- Then open the paper output tray and output tray extension
- Now start cleaning by choosing setup option from printer panel.
- From the setup option click on the tool icon
- Use the arrow key to select the maintenance menu and click on ‘OK’ to open it
- In the maintenance menu, select ‘Deep Cleaning’ option and click on “OK”.
- For the confirmation you need to select “Yes” and press “OK” option.
Wait from sometime to finish the process of cleaning. Once it is done, restart printer and try to take the print now.
Defective toner cartridge: Defective toner cartridge may lead to the issue in printing in Black color. The following steps will help you replace the toner cartridge:
- First of all, ensure the printer machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover. Thereafter, carefully remove the toner cartridge along with the drum unit assemble from the machine.
- Take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit by pushing down the green lock lever.
- Now, unpack the new toner cartridge and remove the protective cover.
- With extreme care put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until it is well locked in its place.
- Here at this step, the user needs to clean the corona wire which can be done by sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left many times.
- Now install the drum unit assembly and toner cartridge back into the machine.
- Close the front cover of the machine and you are through the replacing process!